Monday, September 15, 2008

Doing My Duty

So I'm being called in for jury duty as of next week. This should be entertaining, as the last time that I went, I knew the defendant (cop who was busted for feeling up women during traffic stops -- doesn't shock me, as the asshole told my ex while I was standing right next to him that he had managed to land a great piece of ass. SWELL guy -- totally respected women.). I was supposed to go last year, but as I was heavily pregnant, I was able to get out of it.

On one hand, I'd like to serve. Now that I have a job that will pay me for being out (as opposed to last year, when I was heavily pregnant and working as a contractor), this could be exciting. We always talk about wanting to put the bad guys away, and yet no one wants to actually do the work. Likewise, everyone should get a fair trial -- we're not all there to blindly convict.

Then again, this could just be a product of me watching entirely too much Law and Order...

No comments: